Wednesday 17 April 2013

Carn Brea

This post was going to be called 'Preperations', I was going to talk about the fact I had entered this show to try and get a few more runs with Stitch in before the EO Tryouts and the work we had been doing and how I  was going to push my independent weaves and contacts... but Hex just stole it all away with her performance at the show.

Hex started off in G3 as a consistant little lady, going home with 2-3 rosettes a show, then by G4-5 she became the crazy red-head we know and love today, unfortunately this attitude came with no brakes and often a clumsy pole here and there so when she had a pole in the morning Steeplechase I thought nothing of it, she then went on to WIN the Combined 6-7 Agility and come 2nd in the 6-7 Jumping (I cost her the 1st by babying her and not trusting her, I held on to her in places I should have just let her go and we missed the win by less than 0.2 of a second - whoops!) so Hex is now only 2 wins from G7 (or grade 6.5 if you like).

Stitch met one of his goals getting through to the Champ final last week and Hex met her goal of getting another win out of the way for G7. Maybe I should quit whilst I am ahead?

I feel bad that Hex will not get to play agility this weekend, I hope she doesn't hold it against me, I'd really enjoy some more weekends with her like this one!

Sorry to keep in brief but I have so much to do and no time to do it all in!

Results:

Hex - 1st, 6-7 Agility
Hex - 2nd, 6-7 Jumping
Stitch - 1st, 1-7 Steeplechase

No comments:

Post a Comment