Thursday 26 July 2012

Caerphilly: By Postman Chas

I arrived at Agility Training on Friday....or so I thought! I got out of Mummy's car and she handed Gail and Lesley a box with my favorite things in it (Food, treats, bowl, toy, the best doughnut bed in the world EVER). I barked at them to tell them to hurry up and stop faffing so we could play agility but they kept chin-wagging. The Skinner dogs started joining in with my barking, I think they wanted to get out and play agility too, they wouldn't be barking at me, of course.
My Mummy gave me a hug and a squeeze and left me with Gail, 'that's fine, Auntie Gail can play agility with me, she did earlier in the week' I thought. But Gail did not play with me, she put me in a crate next to Stitch and underneath Baby Elephant feet; Voodoo and we hit the road at about 3.30pm to go and see some Whales, which I know live in the sea, so I remained excited, because I like the beach.

There was no beach or Whales when we got to where we were going (after a small detour thanks to TomTom... not my Daddy Tom, he doesn't make mistakes.) but the Skinner Pack were excited to be where ever we were and the Skinner People made us a Garden to play in. Here we are waiting for further instructions on where to find the Whales:

Voodoo kept annoying me to play with him, he has big feet and I'm not sure what he thinks he is doing with them, but he kept bopping me on the head with them, I did tell him that I didn't like it, but he kept it up any way. Gail and Lesley told Voo he needed to stop hassling me but his Mummy Hex stayed out of it (too busy sunning herself), so I turned to my crate neighbour Stitch; he's actually alright you know. I wasn't sure I'd like him at first, he has an annoying voice and looks funny, but he knows how to deal with Voo and let me tag along on his walks and hang out in his part of the garden with him. 

I had a lovely Dinner that night, Gail knows just how my Mummy does it - she must be a mind reader!

The next morning we were up early and it turns out we were not going to see Whales, we were actually at a show to catch DRAGONS!!! I did not sign up for this! And where was my Mummy?! I'd hoped the Dragons hadn't got her. Stitch went out and got the first Dragon of the day, Dragon's aren't as scary as they are made out to be- they are quite small and stay relatively still. Here's me and Stitch making sure his stays put now that we've captured it!:


The Skinner's seemed very happy with their Dragon and as much as I was enjoying my walks and time in the caravan, I was starting to wonder if I'd get a go and catching a Dragon myself. Especially as Lesley seemed to have lost the knack of it with both Hex and Stitch. Apparently she kept coming really really close but little things kept going wrong. I went to bed Saturday night after a nice long walk with Stitch but still no more Dragons.

When Gail woke me up on Sunday morning she said it was MY turn to try and catch a Dragon, but that I'd have to wait until the afternoon. I waited patiently at the Caravan:
After Lunch Gail and Lesley took me in my cool coat to the next field and much to my delight I saw AGILITY! I wasn't sure what this had to do with the Dragons but I sure was excited to join a queue, 'maybe my Mum will turn up now so that we can have our go' I thought. As Gail took my lead off on the start line I started to realise my Mummy was not going to come and play with me, so I thought I'd give it my best shot with Gail (although I couldn't help thinking about where my Mummy could be on my way around the course). I did a clear round and that made lots of people smile and give me cuddles.

Not long after that run, I had an Agility run, I tried to be good for Gail and do my contacts, I did a lovely A-Frame but decided that I would then have some fun and played Diving Board on the Dog Walk - Gail didn't see the funny side and told me to do it again properly... for FREE, no treats! The cheek of it!

My third and final run was a jumping run again and as it was my last run I thought I'd give it my all, everybody was pleased with me when I did another clear round. Apparently this run had won me the opportunity to go and hunt a Dragon! Where was my sister when I needed her?! She loves chasing birds so the idea of Dragon hunting would no doubt delight her....or so I thought. It turns out the Dragons were hiding, yes HIDING from me in the Marquee - Not much of a hunt after all, the Judge from earlier in the day handed one to Gail and that was it. Gail told me my Mummy would be very happy with the Dragon (she needn't know that I only had to do some agility to capture it).


Here I am with my Dragon and the round I did to get it:







And here are some of my friends with their Dragons:



















We left later that day and I was reunited with my sister Zara to await my Mummy's return....I wonder if she saw any Whales?

Results:

Gail & Chas - 1st, 1-3 Jumping
Gail & Chas - 6th, 1-4 Jumping
Lesley & Stitch - 1st, 1-7 Circular Jumping
Lesley & Hex - 8th, 1-7 Collie Sprint
Mike & Bonnie - 2nd, 1-3 Jumping
Mike & Bonnie - Clear 1-3 Jumping
Ant & Amy - 3rd, 1-2 Agility
Ant & Amy - 10th, 1-2 Jumping
Gill & Mollyanna - 3rd, 1-3 Jumping
Gill & Kassey - Clear, 1-7 Circular Jumping
Gill & Kassey - Clear, 4-7 Jumping
Helen & Lily - Clear, 1-2 Jumping: Their first Clear and what an achievement with such a difficult dog!

1 comment:

  1. Another year of re-homing Dragons (Lesley is uncomfortable with the "slaying" word)A good time was had by all.Some real high moments for members,and friends,not all of which got them the ultimate prize but probably,and quite rightly, meant just as much to them. Well done everyone K9 and human. As for Mr Chas....he's "The Man" Thank you Anne not only for lending me a great Agility Dog but an even GREATER character.

    ReplyDelete