Tuesday 22 February 2011

Blackdown

I had been really excited about Blackdown all month until the night before, when I was feeling tired and like I really didn't fancy the early start - this feeling didn't change when I got up at 5.40am. I was annoyed with myself for not being as excited as I had been earlier in the week.

It meant I was running on a really short fuse all day but I was really lucky to have some great company around to perk me up. I got to meet the Engelbrecht's new addition - Wink (so cute!), caught up with Jane and Jill who I haven't seen in what seems like an age and got to spend time at lunch nattering with Mel, Neil & Colin; Colin has so many interesting stories about the work he does with his beardies, it was great to hear some.

So what did we go home with? Well I was really pleased with Hex's corners, still room for improvement, but such progress from last month, unfortunately I took a risk I felt I needed to make in order to get myself ahead of Hex, just 3 obstacles from the end and it didn't pay off. But here's the vid of her corners:



In her Agility she misjudged the 2nd bounce and ended up underneath jump 4, this threw me for the rest of the run so we just focused on solid contacts and 2 good wind wraps.

Hex came 2nd in the Large Steeplechase and Stitch came 2nd in the Medium Steeplechase. Here's the vids:

They were really unlucky not to win the Agility, Mum is still kicking herself, she pulled him off the last jump after a really fast tight run - have a look for yourself:


Take a look again at Stitch's double bounce - outstanding control and use of his muscles:




Also we must congratulate Mel & Lucas on their 3rd in G3 Agility, I am so pleased for Mel that the hard work she is putting into Lucas is paying off.

2 comments:

  1. I love the idea of You doing "Wind Wraps" with Hex!!
    Or is this funny writing hard to read??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoops! And now I have to leave it there or your comment won't make sense.... ummm, I mean - yeah 'Wind wraps' are the new thing down here in Somerset, it's when you take into consideration the way the wind is blowing so that you can use your dog's tail (or ears if you have a spaniel) like a sail to achieve a cleaner faster turn in the air.

    ReplyDelete