Sunday 28 November 2010

Ice Ice Baby!

Well this week has been an odd and challenging week. I got to teach in the snow for the first time on Friday, on Saturday I had to cancel all my lessons with dogs jumping large and was unable to use the contact equipment until 11.30am and then today when I arrived at the field at 1pm to take Groups the ground and A-Frame were still frozen! That late in the afternoon - Crazy! So last minute course alterations had to be made.

But even with the disappointment of cancelled lessons, the challenges of adapting lessons to fit around what we could do and the freezing cold (literally!), I think everyone enjoyed themselves, particularly the Group members today who also got to join in with the piglet herding.

Achievements this week came from:

Anthony & Amy – who finished their lesson with a clear over a technical sequence which required perfect timing and who also (touch wood) seem to have mastered perfect speedy weaves! And I’m not just saying this cause Anthony was kind enough to bring me a hot chocolate in the icey cold – Well done Anthony & Thank you.

Maggie & Saffy and Rosie & Freddie – who got their first Clear Rounds over an entire course in Groups today. Great progress guys – Well done!

I know we’ve had a great week, but I would like it to warm up a bit now so that the large dogs can join in the fun!

1 comment:

  1. Well done...fellow A-Sit Group members...there was some fabulous agility and some pretty nifty footwork going on...SOME of which would have earned one of us at least £250 on You've been framed. Naming no names of course to preserve someone's dignity. It was not as a result of the icy conditions I hasten to add...more a mis-calculation.I echo Lesley's sentiments...great to see Maggie and Rosie on form + some equally good efforts and a couple of ooooohh nearly's from the others(including yours truly)Best moment for me was seeing little Tess doing her first run for several months and lapping it all up again with vigor. Priceless.

    ReplyDelete