Sunday 16 August 2009

The Skinner Pack has a new member!

Mum saw a dog on Many Tears Rescue 2 months ago which she fell in love with, by the time she had weighed up the pros and cons and built up the courage to ask Dad, it was too late, he was gone and she regretted resisting for the amount of time she did.
She had quietly been keeping an eye on the Many Tears site should another pop up that caught her eye and who should pop up but the little fella that got her broody for another in the first place! He had been returned to Many Tears for ‘an unprovoked attack’ (he is 16 weeks old, so make of that what you will). This time Mum didn’t waste any time and told Dad that he didn’t have to think about what to get her for her 50th any longer.
Next thing I know I’m travelling up the M5 all the dogs in tow for a meet and great and bring him home. Never have we been so unprepared for a new dog – Mum fresh out of hospital and as for supplies, well we only had half a pack of puppy pads left over from Hex – all of her other puppy things had been given away to other puppies in need. So I had to stop at Pets at Home on the way back and take him in for a collar and bed fitting and then finally I took him home 14/08/09.
Mum has named him Stitch, he is a Collie (Dad) X JR Terrier (Mum) and he is to be her project to work on while I am at shows, he will go to France with her when the time comes and I think he will make a cracking little dog for her – he has SO much character and is already terrorising my guys and my Mum’s socks!

(I apologise for my inability to edit videos - this was my first attempt)


Off to Dashin’ Dogs on Thursday and so much to do! Job applications to complete, a van to pack, lesson plans to hand over to Mum, a suitcase to pack for Bulgaria (for when I get back from Dashin’ Dogs) and a puppy to watch.

It’s all go go go!

And finally congratulations to the newbies who are now happily going ‘over the top’ (have mastered the Dog Walk and A-Frame); Tila, Tilly, Spud & Collie Charlie WELL DONE!

3 comments:

  1. ...Forgive me "oh Young one"...Just found your Blog and web page (well I know you sent me the link, just getting old and forgot!)
    Looks great, well done Matt.

    Angela and woofits
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Angela. Matt did the website, I did the blog which is why the blog is such a simple mess lol.
    I'm really pleased with the website, I told Matt that i basically wanted something that felt like me and wasn't too businessy but had all the info.
    Well done with Harry! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done with the blog it looks great! (: ... mum and I were so pleased to see Tila's name on your blog, and me and Tila are having so much fun learning, and i hope you are too!
    Thankyou very much....(:

    Danni & Tila.

    ReplyDelete